Dear Śrīla Ācāryapāda,
Please accept my humble obeisances, all glories to Śrīla Prabhupāda.
That you are an empowered pure devotee of Kṛṣṇa can be judged, not by your title or position, but by the qualities which enable you to execute your duties in that position. Some of them are:
1. Your constant absorption in spreading the Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement.
2. Your special attachment to Śrīdhāma Māyāpur as “Prabhu-dattadeśa”
3. Your becoming ecstatically excited in performing Kirtan of elaborating the pastimes of Śrī Śrī Nitāi Gaurāṅga.
4. Your finding of good qualities in people, bringing them out and engaging them in Kṛṣṇa consciousness.
5. Your generously relishing the activities of Kṛṣṇa consciousness, beginning with chanting, dancing and feasting on Kṛṣṇa prasāda.
6. Your being simultaneously simple as a child and deep as an ocean.
7. Your exceptionally considerate personal dealings.
8. Your associating with everybody you come in contact with, so as to help them advance in Kṛṣṇa Consciousness.
9. You rushing from temple to temple, country to country, to give yourself to the devotees and Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the world.
10. Your renunciation of personal comport and sufficient rest in doing so (do you ever take a break?).
11. Your no fatigue in doing so, which is truly astonishing, being impossible for an ordinary person.
12. Your deep concern for the well being of ISKCON.
13. How you perform your guru ship in a spirit of service to Prabhupāda and to your disciples, with never the slightest tinge of enjoying mood.
14. Your readiness to preach Kṛṣṇa consciousness at any time of the day or night.
15. Your unlimitedly extending mercy to all classes of men. Some places you go to, even other gurus wouldn’t like to go.
16. Your perfect example of tridaṇḍi sannyāsi, especially in regard to eating habits and associating with women.
17. Your non-neglect of, rather your expertise in worldly dealings necessary for spreading the Kṛṣṇa Consciousness movement.
18. Your being devoid of the least trace of material desire.
I am so fortunate to be getting your intimate association now and then. However, I know that I am often neglectful in ordinary dealings. So Vyāsa-pūjā day gives me an opportunity to beg forgiveness for offenses; and, equally important to seriously meditate on how to increase my love for you. Even after being in your zone for over 6 years, 1 have very little to offer you beyond these words. When I bring at least one devotee then some devotees, and then many devotees to surrender at your lotus feet, then at last I may be able to feel that I have done some substantial service.
Despite my inability, I am still aspiring to join you in your eternal fourteen-worlds-preaching-tour, safe at prabhupad’s lotus feet.